Monday, July 26, 2010

Madmen



I can see, very well.
There's a boat on the reef with a broken back.
And I can see it very well.
There's a joke, and I know it very well.
It's one of those that I told you long ago.
Take my word! I'm a madman don't you know!
 

I bought this cd in 1987 just after a Montreal trip I had taken. I listened to it incessantly. Today I heard it while I was lounging in the backyard and an old thought hit me, the old Navy Pea coat I used to own.

I had managed to find it robbing my brother's old Navy clothing. I put it on and thought "How damn cool is this!"  I understood then why women can find wearing certain clothing “makes them feel better.” For me, it was wearing something as common as a pea coat. Also, for some other reason I can’t explain, there was good luck attached to it.  I guess it’s sort of like the myth that baseball players refuse the wash certain socks as that will “remove all the luck out of them.” That pea coat was full of “luck.”

I also once wore to threadbare a Van Huesen collared shirt that made me feel great as well. With it, I could hit up clubs and confidently mash on the girls. That shirt too had “good luck.”

None of this is based on logic you know. We create our own worlds as we see fit. We tend to vacillate between nice ones or horror show ones.  Thankfully, we create one that is sort of neutral most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment