Sunday, June 27, 2010

My Own Little Nantucket

“S'why I'm easy…easy like Sunday mornin',

It's why I'm easy…easy like Sunday morning‘“
---Commodores


Each day has it’s own personality if you think about. Everyone loves TGIF, Wednesday is hump day and Mondays suck to most people. Sundays and their mornings have a certain pace too.

One thing I love about Sunday mornings (especially June ones) is that they open up at their own speed. The one thing that helps that along is that everyone is in no rush to get up or get much done. With that, it helps to keep this neighborhood relaxed and quiet.

I can get up early, take the dog out and occasionally hear the sound of someone’s kitchen door closing, or the sound of light conversation drifting out of open windows. One thing that helps to  create the mood is the fact there is very little traffic. I can’t hear Route 95’s roar at all on a Sunday morning…and I live 2 miles from it.

My house isn’t situated on Big Sur, not on Martha’s Vineyard nor up in the Adirondacks. But there are some Sundays where I feel where I live…isn’t that bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment