Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Propofol, Michael Jackson & Me



“Just keep talking to us...count the people in the room for me. Billy, start pushing it one to one, then the other at 200...and watch the BP monitor.” the Dr says.

“Ok, I see one....” ZONNNK...nighty-nite. I can't count past one person.

It's that quick. It's amazing how fast IV drugs hit your brain.

Either 10 seconds or 10 minutes go by, I can't tell. I come to and I recognize where I and and my mouth tastes like I have it full of nickles. My first concern?

“What did you put in my mouth?”

“You're tasting the IV drip...DON'T...get up, stay where you are.” Says some guy in what looks like an environmental suit.

“I feel fine...I can get up.” With that attempt I slump back down. Whoops...it appears I'm still stoned.

The guy says..”Stay DOWN...Do you remember telling us about your first bike? That green tricycle you had when you were four?”

“Uh..no.”

“Uh-huh...that's what you were telling us when you came to a few minutes ago...you're not out of the effects yet....just LIE there..by the way, the blockage is gone.”


I ought to knock wood, I made it 51 years w/o any real hospitalizations or kick ass drugs that flatten you in a second

No comments:

Post a Comment