Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Summer Camp




“Psssh! That's nothing new...I saw that at the clam bakes on Plymouth beach in the 50's. All the adults got drunk on the 4th and started flirting like hell with one another's spouses.”



I ask. “Yeah, but do the husbands just stand there and take it?”


“No...eventually they go after someone else. It's something to do to liven things up...marriages get boring. Musical beds was a great sport in Plymouth then, probably still is for all I know.”



**



I had known her before, when I had an entire summer off not too long ago. She was by the outdoor bar and I stood there, after the fireworks show and wondered if she remembered? It was nice middle class 4th of July party, the guys in the obligatory khakis and polo shirts while the women were in their sheer summer dresses. The hem length determined by their boldness. Talk of 401k's, private high schools and “is so and so coming tonight?” dominate the conversations.



I walked up behind her, grabbed a bottle of vanilla vodka off the bar and was about to dump it right into her cranberry juice she was pouring. “Remember this?” I asked. “You drank the whole thing down when I did this before!” I had my thumb over the opening, a sleight of hand when I “dumped” it into her glass.



“Accck! No! Not again!” she yelped.



The Yuelings I was drinking half the night emboldened me further. I nuzzled my face right up into her hair, to speak softly into her ear for a good 45 seconds. The humid breath, trapped and roiling about her ear, hair, made her tilt her head back some. I loved it. She liked it too.



I say. “Don't worry, I'm causing a 'scene.' I'll just softly talk about lawn mower maintenance to you while everyone stares.”



She laughed. And it was true, when I pulled my head away from hers to look behind me, about 15 heads snapped the other way.



Everyone knew what happened several years earlier, we two put on a show without any regard for tact or etiquette. She was recklessly flaunting herself while the husband was there, perhaps to stick it to him. I and others played along like 15 yr old boys. Hot, humid outdoor parties that run till dawn, with enough alcohol and it's Summer Camp time. We get to be kiddies again. But I knew that this time, it wasn't going anywhere tonight. We had learned enough about each other to know. Those years ago she needed the attention she was starving for, I got to play in the sandbox like the boy I still can be. She wasn't in deep need of validation this time around, though. That's ok, we still flirted like rutting hogs.



“You're still married to him...why?



“The house, the income...and I know him intimately...you're the devil I don't know about!”



“BS, you know enough about me..you're a girl and your girl spies have all the info they got on me and told you!”



“HA...in that case...I'll just say I don't want legal difficulties!”



Good answer.



I had talked to him earlier that night, her husband. I knew he wasn't going to do a damned thing. We skated past the obvious and spoke of the Red Sox, old Cadillac cars when he excused himself to move onto others. The funny thing, he was big enough to slam me into the deck if he wanted too, yet I knew that wasn't going to happen. The poor guy was defeated years before I came along. In truth, I didn't want to know the dynamics of that marriage too well. The less I knew, the better.



The Catholic Marriage Vow...



Priest: (Name), do you take (name) for your lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?



Groom: I do.



Priest: (Name), do you take (name) for your lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?



Bride: I do.



What horseshit...really.



Some of the other husbands, wives there, who I know nothing about their statuses, were the same in mind but not actively pursuing anything. (Well, that I know of)



Married hubby #1 to married hubby #2: “You see Leo's wife? Shit..she's still hot! She had the best body at 18 and she still has it!” It was true, she was still able to fit in her jeans she had at 18 even though she was 45 now. But her Leo, stood by her side most of the night, putting off “Don't Touch” vibes to all there. No matter, the other husbands were eyeing her with hunger, shooting badly timed sideways glances at her shape and curves. So was I. Leo caught these predatory stares and peeks and stuck close to her more so.



It's amazing what you see at summer romps.


 click and play...most i find do have a pearl inside there somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment