Friday, August 20, 2010

Crikey!


I heard a voice I haven’t heard in a long time, Steve Irwin’s. I don’t usually watch TV, but I’ll have it on at times as background noise. This morning I hear, “..’ahlo Bruce’s and Sheilia’s! The CIA drawpped one of they-uh satellites awn Aus-STRILE-ya.”


I lean over to peek around the wall and find out Irwin made a movie I never knew about,
“The Crocodile Hunter: Collision Course.”


One of the funnier moments in Irwin’s life was when he was explaining on Laurer’s Today Show about why he teased his crocodiles with his baby daughter Bindi. If you remember, there was footage of Irwin bouncing his baby daughter on her feet about 15 feet away from a pond of crocs. Of course, Irwin got a ton of shit from doing that.


Laurer, finally asked Irwin “would he have done anything different” if he had known he’d become a world wide embarrassment.


Irwin answers:


“Mite, I’d wish I’d had gawn soifing that die.”


Off screen, you could hear one of the Today Show's cameraman start giggling at that comment. So did I.


Too bad he died. Though it sort of seems fitting he was taken out by a ray. It reminds me of how Sam Kinnison‘s life was ended, considering his life style, by a teen drunk driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment