Sunday, February 19, 2012

I Punch Girls!

When I was a kid, I'd hit girls. There was no problem in that because the girls I grew up with had no problem smacking boys. We'd both were whopping one another wrestling or playing whatever game that would degenerate into a shouting match which culminated into a tumble on the ground.

I'm sorry to say I lost two fights with girls. AnnaMarie and Gail. AnnaMarie because she was nine and I was five and there was no fair match there to begin with. AnnaMarie was a tomboy who loved to wrestle WWF style and I, being so small then, lost every time.

AnnaMarie grew up to be full blown, butch-dyke lesbian I hear. Well, I guess that was foreshadowed.

Gail, on the other hand was my age. Gail, had more anger in her than a hydrogen bomb and had NO problem letting others bear the brunt of it. Gail showed no signs of being a lesbian but she sure did show her skills at fighting. She came from a family of mostly sisters who competed with everything, and Gail being the baby of the family had to fight extra in order to claim her share.

I forget the incident, but we were both ten and we had pissed one another off over god knows what. I was so ticked off I was going to rat her ass out to her Mom and Gail wasn't having any of that. As I was walking to her house I was tackled into the street by this little girl. What started then was an earnest fight to the death.

Arms flying, legs kicking, spit spitting and all the usual things you see in a fight were included. We were both holding our own pretty much when she landed a nice, clean, solid fist to my mouth. She split my lip. I then manage to land one right into her gut and took the wind out of her. When her lungs worked again, she burst into tears over it while sitting crouched in the street holding her stomach like she she was gut shot.

I, however, was pissing blood all over my face and I stood down when I noticed that. I was sooo surprised that I was bleeding from a fight with Gail. We have both fought before but it wasn't that serious. None of us ever drew real blood. Gail fought like a boy and did I find that out quick. I was the most injured of the warring parties so it was deemed that I “lost.”

A few summers later, when I grew tall quick and Gail filled out, we  tried a furtive and abortive attempt at kissing one another. It was more like knocking teeth together than a cute, first kiss between 14 year olds.

By then, I guess Gail and I had moved beyond that.

No comments:

Post a Comment