Monday, November 26, 2012

Wild Child



I'm working on something incredibly heavy, damned serious and dark. Gee, that's out of line for me huh? Anyway, here is a lighter memory before, and if I decide, to drop a bomb on here.

I was watching Nick Gelder's “Hot Child in the City” video a few hours ago. I like to trip down memory lane via YouTube. You too will do this one day, if you're not already doing it.

We knew of one “loose child” back in 1979. Kathy, was a 16 year old runaway from Zanesville Ohio. She dropped into our orbit for a few weeks before she rocketed off to God Knows Where. Needless to say, all of us boys tried to get her as she needed a place to sleep, finally wash her greasy clothing and shower. I think she was passed around between three of us before she just up and left one July morning. I never got a crack at her because I couldn't keep strays at my house.

She wasn't a druggie from what I could tell. She didn't need drugs, she was screwed up quite organically. If her story was to be trusted, she bolted home after Mom married a new Dad who didn't quite like her and was beaten up like a rag doll. So she split. Now why she landed in Slater Park one night was probably due to being dumped by whoever had her before.

She was expert though at getting what she needed though. She kept requesting if anyone had a washing machine because she had no money whatsoever for a laundromat. Her entire wardrobe was on her back. She found a washing machine, for the price of doing Todd for the night.

That was her currency. I guess it's the currency of all teen girl runaways. She created one hell of a sensation as word about her spread. At the park, she'd ply the boys with her very experienced ways and blow off most till she found one who had money or place to stay. All I got off her was her sitting in my lap in my old Nova while she “interviewed” me about how many people were living in my home. After a shower and nicer clothing, she did clean up nicely. I can't vouch for any medical issues she may have had, though none of the boys admitted to anything afterwards.

Perhaps she's a Senator's wife by now?

No comments:

Post a Comment