Friday, November 23, 2012

I Can See You! Sort Of...




You may not know this but this blog has some data mining involved with it. I'll say now that I DO NOT KNOW just who specifically reads this. All the metrics that I can know is that how many people come, what blogs are read, on which days and which blogs are read and re-read again. This data is used by people who put advertising on their blogs and Google apparently pays you one-billionth of a penny each time someone clicks on. I don't have any advertising so I get the minimal metrics.

 
I say again, I do not know who you are! All I can know is what country, state and area you may be from. For all of you from Rhode Island, the closest it'll pin you down is to “the Providence area.” If I wanted to know who you were I'd have to pay Google a generous fee to cough up that information and I'm too cheap to do that.

 
What's surprising is that I have a following in Germany and Russia. There's a smattering of people from Denmark too. Go figure? But the greatest following is USA.

 
The most read blog I have is the “Jack Straw” one. The others that get many hits are where I speak of very personal stories. Those that involve self-discolure seem to be a bit hit with you out there.

 
So, I'll have to work on something juicy one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment