Wednesday, May 1, 2013

There Goes Another Moment...

Click Away....




Damn, it's nearly been a year since I was laid off. That sure went fast. It's been nearly thirty-one years since I graduated high school and that went even faster! As a kid, weeks took forever to finish. Months seemed like eons.


A while back, I was kvetching (I love that word and if in the mood, I can kvetch with the best) to my eighty year old neighbor. I took the liberty of bitching that as I got older, time went faster. There I was , complaining to someone who was eighty. I knew his inner reaction: “What the hell does this kid have to bitch about? He's thirty years younger than me!” Hey, if someone has an ear to lend, I'll use it!


He then tells me, “Ronnie, just you wait! It goes even faster at my age!”


Faster? How the hell can it go faster? It's flying along now. I'll have to take his word for it as others his age have noticed the same thing.


However at this moment in time, tonight, I feel satisfied. Not ecstatic nor down, just plain satisfied. Why? It's a beautiful night out now. The temps are still in the 60's, it's dry and all of my windows are open. Those summer sounds drift in more and more now. If McCoy had a game tonight, I could hear the announcements as they echo out of the ballpark. If the air is just right, I can hear the crack of the bat. If it were a Saturday night around 1AM, I'd hear all the bikers at Tommy's Lounge fire up and roar down Industrial Highway .


Earlier today I finally noticed the trees are fluffing out fast. I need to mow the lawn as the grass is coming back and the sound of uncoordinated bees thumping into my window screens has returned. The weird thing is that I noticed this all. Usually, me, and many of you, just sort of drift through our days on automatic. This awareness won't last, things come and go in cycles, but it was nice mini-vacation to notice it anyway.


Time will pass tonight to around four AM, when I'll wake up due to the chattering of the robins, who start their day around that time. It can reach a cacophony nearer five AM. Would you believe I like that sound? I do. I don't mind lying there, listening to the sounds of spring, I'll fall back asleep in due time. There's no loss.


So let time pass. It always has.

No comments:

Post a Comment