Sunday, April 26, 2015

Lorelei!

When I think of Lorelei, my head turns all around.
As gentle as a butterfly, she moves without a sound.
I call her on the telephone, she says be there by eight.
Tonight's the night she's movin' in and I can hardly wait.
The way she moves!
Ooh-ooh-ooh, I gotta say!




Styx Playing Lorelei, Click It!



Years ago at a simple part time job I held in college, management of some state office buildings in Providence, I once got to know a few Dr's whose job it was to pour over federal disability applications. One of them, a man of about 59, was telling me how he found “youth” again at a cocaine party he was at off of Blackstone Boulevard on the East Side of Providence. Nice digs, that area.

“I'm 59...I felt it was over for me...then I try the coke and I find I have the same energy, optimism and drive as 15 year old!” He stared off into space for a few seconds before adding, “Of course, it would eventually kill me to keep it up..but what a revelation! I thought I'd never feel that again.”

I ask, “Do you wish it were back forever?”

“Of course! I look at you, you're 21 and I'm jealous...God..the girls I chased back then. Well, there's no Fountain of Youth. But you....you are living it now!”

**
I tripped across Styx's song Lorelei this afternoon. I haven't heard it in years and forgot just what a optimistic, high energy song this is. For just a few seconds, it turned me into a 21 year old again. A nice, little endorphin rush. I can remember when a swaying hipped girl would drive me slightly insane and this song's writer is flying high on the fact that his girlfriend is moving in with him. He is ascending to Heaven. I can remember that feeling back then too.

I find this video on Youtube and the fun part is watching the kids to the right, start swaying and bouncing in their chairs when the initial drum riff hits. Of course they do, this song's power ties into their electrical circuitry at the right voltage and amps. The energy and their youth are easily compatible. Good!


That's it...enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment