Wednesday, April 29, 2015

What Some Girls Go Through

There are girls who fall on the Earth beautiful. Everything is proportionate and symmetrical. They are the “right” height, weight and fit right into the current cultural idea of beauty without trying the slightness bit. They could eat a whole greasy pepperoni pizza, chug it down with beer and perhaps gain one ounce. Other girls hate their guts to no end.

There was one girl I knew who had the interesting breeding of Greek, Indian and perhaps a bit of French in her. This mix worked itself out rather well in that it made her look unique. Her sister didn't have the same luck of winning the DNA bingo game but this one sure did.

When I used to belong to a gym I would see two types of young, 20-something women. One was the sweat pants clad type who came in, worked their ass off and sweated up a storm along with any other guy there. She was there to stay fit. The other was the drop dead gorgeous ones who dressed in the latest workout gear and go to the gym to do what? Lose weight? No, they had little reason to be there in the first place. It looked as if they were making an “appearance” because that's what you do.

So I knew this cutie and another (not that kind of drop-dead cute), who, for a while would go work out together. The work-out girl wore her lousiest clothing while the cutie wore black yoga pants and a loud florescent purple/black shirt that form fit well. That fit in well with her black, shoulder length hair that spilled down straight her back. She had these nearly black brown eyes that could affix you to the wall.

After about ten minutes, the cutie complains, “Why are they all staring at me?” Every guy in the gym spotted this one and couldn't help but look.

“What?” says workout girl.

“Them! I can't exercise with them looking!”

“Well...look at what your wearing...of course they're gonna look.”

“Ugh, it's sickening.” says cutie.

Workout girl then says, “Could you give me some of that 'sickening'...if you don't want it?'”

**

“Do you know what it's like when every guy you pass, in the street, store or wherever walks all over your body with their eyes?” cutie asked me once.

“Nope...I have no clue. Don't you like the attention? I say

“Ugh...not ALL the time!” she complains.

I'm standing there, trying to listen as well as I can and mentally undressing her too. I was no different. She had that look so few are ever born with. I was as guilty as every other male that ogled her. Prior to this moment, I had no idea how she really felt about it all.

“Sometimes I wish I were 12 again, skinny, gangly and a goofball. No boy gave a crap about me and it wasn't until I got hips and breasts...everything changed then. All the boys I once knew who were cool...changed in their way with me. The whole world was flipped upside down.”

I tell her some girls would love to have 10% of what she had. She responded with a “Well, I wish I could give it to them...I hate having to block every guy that comes onto me, even when they don't come on to me, they are, they change their demeanor once they talk to me...even you, you know.”

The only other time I heard of this was a girl I knew in my 20's, who was a Barbie Look-alike. She looked good even if you threw her into a mudhole. She came from “some” money to an Italian family in Warwick and was hated because of this too. I can remember her too complaining about having to spar with every guy that she came across. One time when she came to work in a tee shirt that said: 

Leave.
Me.
Alone.

I told her I thought it funny. She said she wore it everywhere, and also at the beach. She meant it too.



Today, she's 46 and has since lost that kittenish look. She says she doesn't regret it all. “Now, being a bit overweight and having crow's feet....guys treat me normally. When I was 20...leaving the house was like walking into battle.  Back then it was so hard trying to pick out the right guy from ALL of them that came at me...I picked a lot of wrong ones too. Had the choices been fewer...” You could see on her face wondering about it, if she had less to pick from.  


Click and Watch..a Great Song Too...

No comments:

Post a Comment